Hi, my name is Colin McGuire. I recently started this website, Give and Keep Giving. I am hoping to spend the next few years doing everything I can to help important organizations and good people. Last year I did a fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and was able to raise $43,000! Please sign up to receive email updates on my efforts.
For September 2023, I will be focusing on helping a friend who is need of medical treatment. Because I have school and a job, my family said they would help me… and I hope you can, too.
From the McGuire Family…
Let us start by telling you about a great human, Tina Schrof. Tina is one of Jennifer’s crafting friends who she met many, many years ago when she taught classes at a craft store. Tina is known for being utter sunshine and for her tremendous energy and love for life. But more than that, she is always the first to step up to for those in need. Always. In fact, she recently completed nursing school so she could care for others. And when a fellow crafter went to battle against terrible cancer several years ago, Tina cared for her daily. Well… now it is time for us to help Tina.
Tina was recently diagnosed with two types of aggressive breast cancers and had to put her dream of working as a nurse on hold. Her doctors consulted with MD Anderson to develop her treatment plan. This plan includes multiple rounds of treatment (she has had surgery and is now undergoing chemo) and a medication that the insurance company refuses to pay for, despite her doctor’s emergency appeal.
Because of this, her friends decided to help. Jana Millen started a GoFundMe to raise funds to go toward the purchase of this medication. We cannot let money stand in the way of giving her the best treatment available.
If you are able to give – even just a little – it would make a big difference for Tina and those who love her.
Since Jennifer has many great crafting friends, she said we could give gifts to some crafters:
- Anyone who gives ANY amount to Tina’s GoFundMe will have a chance to get handmade cards from my mom, crafty stickers, and huge boxes of stamps and dies (worth HUNDREDS)! (These are sent out randomly.)
- Anyone who donates $100+ will get a handmade card made by Jennifer. The family will be packing and sending these out in early fall.
If you are interested, you must do the following:
- Make a donation to Tina’s GoFundMe.
- Take a screen shot of your donation including the amount (if over $100).
- Email the screen shot to [email protected] along with your name and address. (This is the only way we can know you donated. If you would prefer, you can forward your donation email receipt.)
- (Please be patient as it takes time for Jennifer to make the cards and for us to send them.)
You will hear back from us to let you know we have received your email and entered you into the raffles. Please be patient as school is just starting and things will be hectic.
ALSO – please follow THIS instagram account! There is a card auction coming soon to help Tina!!!!
If you are a small business and would like to be involved, please reach out to me!
Thank you so much. We know the world has many challenges right now. Sending up prayers for all.